document Neupfarrplatz (tvo) 2,000 years of Regensburg Regensburg layer by layer. The Regensburg Neupfarrplatz reflects the 2,000-year-old history of the UNESCO world heritage city such as hardly a different area: 179 A.d., Emperor Marcus Aurelius there erected a Roman Legion camp, where officers had their apartment. The remains lie six meters deep under the square. Since the early Middle Ages, the Jewish quarter was located at the Neupfarrplatz. More than 500 years lived the Jews there almost without persecution and pogroms. When the approximately 40 houses district was destroyed in 1519, built on site of the synagogue a church it became the first parish church of the imperial city became Protestant. The eventful history of the square in a large-scale excavation was discovered at the end of the 1990s.
In addition to findings that illustrate everyday life in the Jewish quarter, came also a spectacular gold treasure, a golden finger ring for days. Interested parties can understand the past of the Neupfarrplatzes in a multimedia presentation at the parts of the Jewish quarter with great effort have been reconstructed. Information: Regensburg Tourismus GmbH, red heart mark 2, 93047 Regensburg, Tel. 0941/507-4410, fax 0941/507-1919.